Thursday, November 01, 2007
Friday, October 26, 2007
Friday, October 12, 2007
The green line was the stock run (apart from a set of Termi's) taken the day before she was dismantled, the red line was taken yesterday. She's now making 85.4hp and 75.2ft-lbs torque (at the crank) with MUCH smoother delivery.
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
So…I went out and bought a stock seat instead. No where near as comfortable, but (for me at least) it gives a greater feeling of control. It makes me feel part of the bike.
The fat Sargent was ruinin’ my nice clean lines anyways ;) Now appearing on eBay!
Sunday, October 07, 2007
Saturday, October 06, 2007
Saturday, July 28, 2007
To be honest I don't like the look of this area at all. It's a cluttered mess really. At some point I want to completely re-design the bars using minimal switch gear, something like the stuff from Pingel.
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
I reckon the perfect solution will be to get the Sargent customised, and have the sides shaved down to the shape of the stock seat. Something else to do this winter.
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Friday, May 25, 2007
Some notes from the gearing report produced by Gearing Guru Performance Modelling
- RPM at 60 mph: 4078 (About perfect for this engine and bike)
- HP @ 60 mph: 41 (17% better than baseline! And, 6% better than the most conservative solution above)
- 0 to 80 mph: 4.61 (0.26 second quicker than baseline! That is huge)
- Quarter Mile Sec: 11.39 (0.20 second quicker than baseline. Very substantial improvement)
- RPM at top speed: 8293 (Fine)
- Maximum Gs: 1.05 (12% better than baseline! This is as good as a good engine mod program would get you)
- RPM at 80 MPH: 5438 (Pretty ideal for this engine)
- Crawl speed: 20 (Actually 12% better than baseline before mathematical rounding, and a solid improvement)
- HP available at different speeds in top gear: At 80 mph, you now have 53 hp versus 48, or 10% more.
- Tractive force graph: Note that we have solidly connected with the traction limit at high rpm.
Sunday, May 20, 2007
As compromises go though, I have to say they’re not that bad…and they sound INCREDIBLE!
The headers are stock, but ceramic coated by Camcoat. I’m hoping to replace them with a set of ‘spaghetti’ headers, before replacing the whole lot with the custom design.
Friday, May 18, 2007
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
The pearlescent white with red stripe of the new S4RS, was by no means the most original option, but arguably better than anything I managed to come up with. I absolutely love this colour scheme.
The new bikes are done using a sticker kit, but Rae (Brooklands) wanted to mask it and paint it instead. The result? I shit you not, it is simply UNBELIEVABLE!!! He already blew us away with the job he did on the frame, and now this. The guy is brilliant!
Unfortunately no picture I can take will ever do justice to that pearescent white.
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Friday, March 02, 2007
- Brembo fully floating cast iron discs as fitted to the top spec Ducatis from circa '88 onwards. I can see me changing these for something lighter though.
- Brembo billet "GP" calipers (pinch bolts, mount bolts, caliper pins and banjo bolts all replaced with titanium from Pro-Bolt)
- Spiegler braided lines (they did arrive, but have been sent back because they were made to the wrong size...there's another 4 weeks added already!)
- Brembo "GP" radial brake master cylinder: 19x20 from Motowheels
- Brembo "GP" billet radial clutch master cylinder from Motowheels
- Pazzo levers
- Rizoma fluid reservoirs from Motowheels...although I'll probably change these, after a mate pointed out they just look like 35mm cannisters...tosser ;)
Thursday, March 01, 2007
The speedo works using a magnet and a sensor. The magnet is attached to one of the bolts on the rear wheel. We made a small bracket for the sensor and mounted it using the hole in the rear brake calliper hanger. The thin wire follows (and is hidden by) the rear brake line back to the cylinder, then follows (and is hidden by) the rear brake switch back into the main loom.
- Lower triple was powder coated satin black by Aerocoat. This is just a temporary solution. Next winter it will be replaced with an aftermarket billet.
- CycleCat upper triple
- CycleCat risers/clip-ons
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
- Marchesini 5 spoke wheels
- Michelin Pilot Powers (120/70; 180/55)
- Driven 40T rear sprocket from Motowheels (14T Renthal Front)
- Moto Master A-505UL Ultra Light brake disk from Desmoworld
- Spiegler braided brake line
- Corsair billet chain adjusters
- Titanuim axel nuts from Motowheels
- Pro-Bolt valve caps
The plan is run a much smaller LED speedo/tacho, so we want to try and reduce the amount of wiring clutter that normally gets hidden behind the larger stock clocks. We want take the two connectors (headlamp and starter/kill switch) that traditionally attach to the inside of the headlamp brackets and move them to behind the steering stem, attaching them to the black plastic cover that hides the regulator. The headlamp wiring will reach, but the starter/kill switch wiring will need to be cut, soldered and lengthened.
We won't be running front indicators, so these wires can be brought back and hidden beneath the tank, as can the entire warning light loom. While we were here, we re-located the horn.
Monday, February 26, 2007
- K&N pod filters (from CA-Cycleworks)
- Dynatek DynaCoil ignition coils (from CA-Cycleworks)
- Magstar 8.5mm race wires (again from CA-Cycleworks)